Smiley and Peanut making sure Mom's manual wheat grinder works. I laughed when they asked if it was fun. Why sure it is boys give it a whirl:)
Career Day at high school. I love how Sunshine picked my specialty and Cowboy his dad's. At times when life gets busy we forget how much of an example we are to those around us. I guess our children have paid more attention than we realized. Thanks kids:)
Botany at home with Dad. He reviewed the parts of flowers with a hands on clay lesson.
I love how intently they are paying attention during Dad's lesson. I will try not to feel even the tiniest bit jealous. After all they see me everyday.
Smiley worked all summer to make enough money to buy this goKart. He was thrilled. We all got a FAST ride around the field and then warmed up with hot cocoa next to the wood stove.
Peanut and Popcorn are now the proud owners of spectacles. We are nine for nine with glasses in this house. Don't you just love genetics?
The Christmas tree and decorations came in 12/06/2013. The "littles" enjoyed the chance to decorate while the bigger kids were off doing other things. I quit counting how many times I was asked if they could eat a candy cane. It only took one night and half of the next day and the candy canes were gone. It will be fun to see there faces when more appear in a few days.
Even the cat was not exempt from the Christmas decorations. She is a very patient cat.
It is a busy time of year with holidays, changes in weather that require entire wardrobe shuffling, two birthdays with two more right around the 2014 corner. Good family times, yeah!!
Very good posts and pictures ... Love and miss you all!
ReplyDeleteWe love you too:)
ReplyDeleteAnd miss you too!
ReplyDelete