Zed's Meadow

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Follow up on "hives-not"

I am pleased to say that we have enjoyed being around people these past weeks. Lots of people in fact. Having company come is a fun experience and a real motivator for us to clean house. We have been blessed with company three times and three babysitting episodes with toddlers. All the more reason to have a clean house!!! Yeah:)

We dusted, vacuumed, scrubbed trim, sticky walls and floors. Light bulbs and ceiling fans were cleaned. Who knew how much brighter the rooms would be after the dust was wiped away? Windows and window blinds were cleaned. I probably went overboard on the "clean the house, we have company coming" theme, but it worked:) This was a family event, not necessarily a really fun one but together we were and together we worked.

I love the scripture in Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve theLord.

This scripture is hanging on our wall. I believe in working together and serving one another. I also believe that greater blessings come to those who are willing to work for them diligently. In this case our family truly enjoyed the opportunity to share our clean home with friends and family.

Hubby didn't break out with hives so we think he survived the "people" allergy. As for his dry skin, the monsoon season is in full swing and all our skins are loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment