Zed's Meadow

Sunday, November 23, 2014

November Adoption Month

A Home for Hayden
http://www.youcaring.com/adoption-fundraiser/help-haden-get-a-home-/262236


I want to share the above link for Hayden from http://www.abeautifulroad.com/. Jeremy and Christanne Greene are doing amazing things to help orphaned children. I would love to adopt however, it isn't meant to be so I will spread the word in hopes someone else will be able to provide these little ones with a home. 

This is Luke, I would love to bring him home.  His eyes speak innocence and yearning. Ironically for the last year I have followed another blog about a family with a son born with similar birth defects as Luke  http://masonsbjournal.blogspot.com/. I am amazed at the simplicity of the surgery and casting involved that helps restore feet and ankles to a functional state. This little guy has learned to walk despite his painful clubbed feet.  I can imagine how exciting life could be for him should he receive surgery.

For years adoption has been something I have felt strongly about. I have been blessed with family and friends who either are adopted or have adopted. I have watched my friends go through all the same challenges and blessings of parenthood we have. Ironically some of the most heart wrenching challenges they have gone through were attributed to the fact their children were adopted. Sadly we have gone through the same challenges and ours are not adopted.

We have been blessed to have seven little wonders of our own. Most say our home is full. Some say it's too full. I disagree. From the time I was nine years old I felt a strong desire to adopt. We have been asked five times to adopt a child.  Each time the mother was in a situation were she was unable to take care of her child. The father was in most cases absent or without parental rights.  We prayed and worried over these little ones and there mothers. Britany, Kelly, Brady, Mericha, and Jeffrey for a short time were part of our family. Even though we did not raise them we were a part of their lives and continue to keep in touch with them. Each of these children were raised by aunts, grandmothers and for two of them their mothers. I am grateful for the opportunity we had to have them in our home for the time they needed to be with us. I am happy our home is a safe place for children to come.

Someday maybe it will work out that we can open our home to more children. Maybe we will have the chance to adopt and raise them and maybe we will just provide a safe place for them until they can return home.
Luke

Oh, boy don't those brown eyes just melt you!



No comments:

Post a Comment